- Added exponential response to the Filter 1 Cutoff Frequency control slider.
- Added 60 total automation targets for host DAW automation. Automation targets are included for: ADSR, FM-RM Oscilllator Algorithm, Effects Section, Filter Section, Global and Local Microtuning, Operator Waveforms and Oscillator Section.
- Added Phase Center slider for the Phase/Pulse Width Oscillator LFO.
- Added more presets.
- Added more microtunings.
- Added more partials files.
- Update to manual.
- Improvement to FM-RM oscillator quality, especially in the bass range.
- Changed name of Detune effect to Ensemble.
- Enhancement to UI graphics to make visually crisper.
- New Plugin ID. Due to the number of internal enhancements, patches created with v.1.0 are not compatible with 1.1
- Fixed Operator Keyboard Tracking Slider bug.
- Fixed Frequency Limit bug that could cause clipping under certain circumstances.
Please note that Xen-Arts software never has been, and never will be, infected with computer viruses – this we promise. If your virus software ever indicates that our microtonal music software has a virus, this is what is known as a False Positive. Contacting the developer of your virus software to make them aware of the false positive is the best solution.
For visitors who may be new to Xen-FMTS, below are the features of the VSTi that were published back in January 2011.
Xenharmonic FMTS is a 4 Operator FM Synthesis VSTi with a specialized set of features for musicians interested in exploring the expressive possibilities of microtonal and xenharmonic music making.
- Internally loads and externally receives both MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard) Bulk Dump and Single Note Microtuning Files.
- Operator ratios can easily be set to values that are coincident with the microtuning being used, thereby producing tuning related FM sidebands in the timbre of the instrument.
- Isoharmonic spacing of the operator ratios.
- Precise values may be set for microtonal pitch-bends.
- Arbitrary microtonal period shifting makes it possible to pitch transpose in both octave and non-octave increments.
- 4 Operator FM Synthesis with Ring-Modulation.
- 57 Operator Algorithms.
- 11 different Operator Waveforms.
Phase & Pulse-Width Oscillator
- 22 Waveforms.
- Phase & Pulse-Width LFO Modulation.
- Envelope Generators
- 6 independent Envelope Generators dedicated to modulating Operators A-D, Filters and VCA.
- Velocity sensitive.
- Keyboard tracking.
- 2 State Variable Filters with 12 and 24 dB response.
- Cutoff frequencies modulated by Velocity, Envelope Generator, LFO and Keyboard Tracking.
- Low Frequency Oscillators can be set to modulate the cutoff frequencies of the filters at audio rates, thereby producing sidebands in the signal.
- Saturator for subtle to extreme distortion.
- 6 dB LPF Warm Filter.
- 4-Voice Stereo Ensemble Detuner.
This VSTi is a gift to the xenharmonic and microtonal community, as well as to musicians and composers who are interested in exploring the exciting possibilities of microtuning in their music. It is being offered as freeware.